Martin Marinschek wrote:

You need to explicitly add these new elements, this is entirely your
responsibility...

I understand that, my question is "How do I add the new elements?"

Rich

regards,

Martin

On 6/20/05, Richard Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Werner Punz wrote:

Richard Wallace wrote:

Hello again,

I'm trying to figure out how, if it's possible to add form elements,
like text fields, when a user clicks an add button without having to
have the page resubmit.
Only by using javascript, but without javascript no.
That is a limit caused by the beast which is called html.
With javascript you can do it by altering the dom
tree.
I understand that, but how do you have JSF pickup the new element(s)
when restoring state when the form is submitted?

With server side roundtripping, JSF has special api hooks
to do that (component bindings, child element trees)

I'm not even sure it's 100% possible unless the STATE_SAVING_METHOD
is client.  And then the javascript would have to manipulate that
hidden field.  Or do some kind of AJAX operation to modify the state
when it's being stored server side.  At this point, I think if
anything prevents us from adopting JSF at work it would be
dynamically adding form elements.  Any suggestions?

Well depends on what you want to do with it, if you need additional
data from the server, either use ajax, or go the roundtripping way.
But if you want to stay on the client side, there is no way you can
avoid javascript and if you dont want javascript, there is no way you
can avoid roundtripping.