Werner Punz wrote:

Richard Wallace wrote:

Martin Marinschek wrote:

You need to explicitly add these new elements, this is entirely your
responsibility...

I understand that, my question is "How do I add the new elements?"

If you can do a refresh, you simple do a binding to the backend bean, and there you can access the elements via a getChildElements (or something similarily named control)

If you cannot do a refresh, you have to revert to javascript and dom
(and possibly) ajax to alter the form elements.

For explanation of bindings and backendbeans, lookup the JSF docs, or
http://www.jsftutorials.net/

Werner

I think you're completely missing the idea behind what I want to do. I know you have to use javascript to add the form elements. I have already done that in webapps in the past. The question I'm asking here is how to get those new form elements, created on the client side, to be bound to my backing bean. The reason I mention ajax is to possibly modify the form state if it is being stored on the server side so that JSF will handle the value bindings.