Hey All,

I think I know the answer to this, but I'd like to get confirmation.

I have a 'desktop-like' page with icons that users click on to open new windows. These windows are more than popup windows, they are full-blown pages with tabbed interfaces, etc. I'm currently under the impression that I have to handle opening a new window from my desktop page 'outside' the standard JSF navigation mechanism (using faces-config.xml) and so, am using _javascript_ to achieve this.

I have no problem doing this, I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed something. I consider it a benefit to have all possible navigation branches in an xml file - making it easier to obtain a graphical representation of page flow.

Thanks,
Bobby