Ryan Wynn wrote:
On 2/1/06, Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, I need to do the equivalent of clicking a commandLink in Javascript;
in other words, I need to write an onClick handler that does the same
thing as clicking on a commandLink would. Is there a standard way to do
that? I'm not sure if the JSF spec includes any specifics on client-side
APIs.

I have found that it is different for IE vs. Netscape/Firefox. I'm not
a js expert but it works.

This is how I invoke a hidden commandLink in a table row...
[...]

Thanks for the response, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I don't need to locate and invoke an existing command link; I don't have a command link to invoke. I need to achieve the same effect as clicking a command link would give.

In other words, I need to write a Javascript function which, when invoked, does the same thing the onClick handler a commandLink generates would do.

The best I can come up with so far is to create a custom component which extends HtmlCommandLink and overrides the encode/decode methods, but creating a whole new component just to be able to create Javascript onClick handlers seems rather excessive.

L.