I have been attempting to build a JSF based portlet with MyFaces and
have
been having a problem in getting JSF navigation to work with
myfaces-1.1.1.
I followed the instructions on the Wiki for how to create my own portlet
and
add edit modes. This works great and I can deploy it into my portal
server (liferay).

However, any time I try to induce a navigation action within my JSF
pages
the view always returns to the default view. I can of course, navigate
to my
Edit and Help pages.

If I use myfaces 1.0.9 then I can successfully use the navigation rules
and
move through the pages of my app. But of course, I can not have anything
other than the View mode active.

Is this is a known issue? Or am I missing something?

If someone could point me towards an example of a JSF portlet that
supports
all modes, that would be great.

Thanks

Todd