I have a requirement to register a custom NavigationHandler implementation at the bottom of the delegation stack, rather than at the top as happens when registering through WEB-INF/faces-config.xml. Basically, I need to make sure that delegating navigation handlers, such as Shale's DialogNavigationHandler, or the equivalent in Trinidad, delegate to my nav handler, *not* the other way around. Basically, my nav handler needs to replace MyFaces' default implementation, with the normal registration of delegating nav handlers from faces-config.xml files wrapping that.

I know JSF (at least prior to 1.2, anyway) doesn't provide a mechanism to achieve this; does MyFaces? I know I can modify the standard-faces-config.xml file bundled in myfaces-impl.jar to get what I want (actually, that sets my nav handler up as the first delegating handler above MyFaces', but that's 'good enough' for my purposes). What i'd like, though, is a config option that would have the same effect.

Alternatively, is there any other mechanism I can use to achieve this, MyFaces-specific or otherwise?

Thanks,

L.