From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laurie Harper
Sent: Thursday, 24 August 2006 2:08 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: NavigationHandler registration

I have a requirement to register a custom NavigationHandler
implementation at the bottom of the delegation stack, rather than at the

top as happens when registering through WEB-INF/faces-config.xml.
Basically, I need to make sure that delegating navigation handlers, such

as Shale's DialogNavigationHandler, or the equivalent in Trinidad,
delegate to my nav handler, *not* the other way around. Basically, my
nav handler needs to replace MyFaces' default implementation, with the
normal registration of delegating nav handlers from faces-config.xml
files wrapping that.

I know JSF (at least prior to 1.2, anyway) doesn't provide a mechanism
to achieve this; does MyFaces? I know I can modify the
standard-faces-config.xml file bundled in myfaces-impl.jar to get what I

want (actually, that sets my nav handler up as the first delegating
handler above MyFaces', but that's 'good enough' for my purposes). What
i'd like, though, is a config option that would have the same effect.

Alternatively, is there any other mechanism I can use to achieve this,
MyFaces-specific or otherwise?

Thanks,

L.

This correspondence is for the named persons only.
It may contain confidential or privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis transmission.
If you receive this correspondence in error please delete it from your system
immediately and notify the sender.
You must not disclose, copy or relay on any part of this correspondence, if you
are not the intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
except where the sender expressly,
and with the authority, states them to be the opinions of the Department of
Emergency Services, Queensland.