>I am trying to use the disabled attribute on some inputText boxes in my
>application. However, everytime I try to use a binding like this
><h:inputText disabled="#{mybackingBean.disabled}" />

In both JSP and JSF, #{backingBeanThatDoesNotExist.propertyThatDoesNotExist}
will not throw an exception; it will default to 'false'.  Whenever I find
myself in your situation I double check expression path.

>nothing happens. disabled is a Boolean field in the backing bean. I assume
>it would auto translate to a string, but it doesnt appear to. I then tried
>using JSTl to set a value a page scoped variable
><c:set name="disabled" value="true"/>
>This does not work either when I change my input box to this
><h:inputText disabled="#{disabled}"/>

Perhaps you have not included the c taglib header in the JSP file?  The page
will silently skip the c:set tag in this case.

Dennis Byrne