Haven't read the wiki page, so I don't know how that works.

Perhaps you can have the backing bean in request scope (maybe it already is
and this advice is not useful) and use a cache, then the data would be
reloaded for each request but the multiple gets occuring within that request
would be cached..

Best bet is to wait for one of the gurus to provide some insightful tips ;)

Cheers