FYI: Composite selectors are supported on IE7.

- Jeanne

Simon Lessard wrote:
Hello Andrew,

You almost got it right! The right combination would be

.myTabs af|panelTabbed::tab-selected

Since you set myTabs as the panel's class, the selected tab is a sub component of the panel therefore a descendant of .myTabs.

You can combine skin selector with normal style class as much as you want. However there's one thing you have to keep in mind. Since skin selectors get converted to style classes, something like

af|inputText.myStyleClass

will be parsed to

.af_inputText.myStyleClass

That selector's syntax is CSS 2 valid, but CSS 2 is a very futurist standard for some (a single one) browser that is MSIE on which composite selectors aren't supported. So the above would not work well on MSIE.

Regards,

~ Simon