Using ctrl-I on firefox , in the medias tab you will get an idea what is loaded by pages. If you see tons of javascript, css and picture, that might be the source of your problem. Note that we had a similar problem here once, JSF was slow to render (same time for IE / firefox), we discovered we had a filter in our config that was, for database transaction reasons, limiting request to one request at a time per session (use of synchronized block on user session). As a result, all queries for JS/CSS/pictures coming from JSF component where queued and serve one at a time instead of in parallel.

Even complex JSF pages shouldn't take 23 seconds to be returned to client. Also note that complex css layout can sometimes takes time to get rendered client side, but 23 seconds.... ? Even 6 seconds is far too much for average users :)

En l'instant précis du 31/01/08 09:15, Christopher Cudennec s'exprimait en ces termes:
You should try a tool like ProxySniffer or a plugin for FF or IE to see why your page performance is that bad. We had some problems in our project concerning included css and js-files. You should be able to see who's "responsible".

Cheers,

Christopher

Martin Marinschek schrieb:
Are you using any javascript libraries? Dojo?

regards,

Martin