a clem schrieb:
> Thank's a lot for your response. What I would like to do is to be able
> to share a page (ant its backing bean) between 2 conversations types,
> like an activity définition can be shared between 2 process definition
> in BPM. For exemple, the select customer page can be shared between
> the 'send mail' and 'send invoice' use cases. I think I'm going to
> hack the source to see how I can achieve this.
>
> Regards,
>
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>  On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 22:36 +0200, a clem wrote:
>>  > Hi,
>>  >
>>  > I'm currently playing with this great framework Orchestra, trying to
>>  > build some small examples and a few questions came to my mind:
>>  > Is it possible to start a new conversation explicitly
>>  > (programitically). I've looked to the API but there doesn't seem to be
>>  > something like a begin or start method in it?
>>
>>  Well, there are two answers to this :-)
>>
>>  (1)
>>
>>  If you configure a bean A in Spring to inject some other bean B that is
>>  configured in a conversation scope, then what is actually injected is a
>>  proxy. The bean B isn't actually created, and the conversation is not
>>  created to hold it (though the conversation might already exist if there
>>  are multiple beans in the same conversation).
>>
>>  Then if A invokes any method on B, that triggers the creation of an
>>  actual instance of B plus the conversation to hold it (if the
>>  conversation does not yet exist).
>>
>>  So I guess you could call that "programmatic" creation of a
>>  conversation; whether B is in the conversation or not is controlled by
>>  what A does.
>>
>>  (2)
>>  But if you mean actually creating a Conversation object then placing
>>  objects in it, then no I don't think that is currently possible (or at
>>  least not easy).
>>
>>  In theory there is no reason why Orchestra couldn't support that, I just
>>  think we didn't consider it useful. If there is a good use case then I'm
>>  sure that could be added.
>>
>>  The principle is simple: create a Conversation object then get a
>>  reference to the current ConversationContext and add it. But the problem
>>  is that there are a bunch of settings that a conversation can have which
>>  are defined by a ConversationFactory (which is a mandatory parameter to
>>  the Conversation constructor at the moment). This factory is really
>>  expected to be a Spring scope manager object or similar; I don't know if
>>  it is possible to look this up nicely, or whether it is actually needed
>>  for manually-created conversations. But the settings would need to be
>>  defined somewhere.
>>
>>  Method ConversationManager.getConversation(name) will return
>>  conversations by name, but returns null if the conversation does not
>>  exist; I don't think there is a way of forcing it to exist.

> [...]
You can have two instances of the same bean class in two different
conversations without problems.

But to have the *same* instance in two different conversations still
doesn't make sense to me. Your example of "pages" doesn't clarify this
for me; orchestra is not about "pages", but about beans (some of which
may be backing beans).

Regards, Simon