Mario Ivankovits schrieb:
>> So, for example, while in the "Relationships" tab, I may want
>> to quickly view or edit a Party. The view/edit Party view is usually in the
>> Party tab. So, essentially I'm reusing the same page in a completely
>> different flow.

Oh - and there is a not very well known scope (some consider it a hack).
The "viewController" scope.
This allows the bean configured that way to reuse the same scope as your
viewController is configured for - and thus use the same persistence
context.
You have to follow the viewController naming rules or use the
@ViewController annotation to make that work.

Not sure if this helps here, though. I normally use that for converter
(configured via spring instead of faces-config.xml) to allow them to use
the same persistence context to load data from the database.

Ciao,
Mario