Hi Moreno,

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:27 +0200, Moreno Cornaz wrote:
> Hello everybody.
> >
> > I'm using my-faces-orchestra 1.1 library with Tomcat 6.0, spring
> 2.0,
> > myfaces 1.1.5 and I'm facing the following problem:
> >
> > - I define a bean with scope 'conversation.access'. When, from a
> window I
> > open a new popup window, I lose the bean in the new window (that is,
> the
> > bean is recreated). This happens only if the new window is popped
> up! Of
> > course, if I set the bean scope to 'session' it works. Is there any
> > solution?
>
> Thank you..

Sorry it took so long to answer. When you open a new window, if the new
url does not contain the "conversationContext" query parameter from the
original window then it will get new copies of conversation-scoped beans
rather than seeing the ones associated with the original window. This
behaviour is normally what is wanted.

If the popup window is "modal", then simply ensure the query param is in
the new url and the existing beans should be accessable fine.

If the new window is not modal, then I suggest you think carefully.
Having two windows that see the same beans is dangerous; you have to
handle all sorts of odd conditions. Which is why "sharing" beans between
windows is not the default.

Regards,
Simon