at least someone replies here ;)

I'm working or the research center for industrial software (INSO) at the
department of informatics / technical university vienna.
Our team (lead by Prof Thomas Grechenig) did the new administration application
for the whole TU: http:// tiss .tuwien .ac.at This includes both students views
and organisational processes (the vast part of the application is only
available after login). Most parts are done with MyFaces2 + OpenWebBeans +
OpenJPA2 + CODI + primefaces2 (+a small part of the app is done with Rails).
We currently serve > 20.000 active students + >1000 employees doing ~ 1 Mio
page hits/d (resources and AJAX invocations _not_ counted) without any
problems.

If JSF is the right technology for you depends heavily on the kind of
application you like to implement. JSF is a no-brainer if you have an intranet
application which is heavily formular driven. For example typical internal
administration apps for banks and companies. As the successor of struts, there
is not much you will miss for those kind of apps.

Of course if you have a heavily used readonly application in the wild public
internet, then JSF is not the tool of choice. I was one of the guys who
developed napster.mobile, for which we implemented an own framework for such
high-taffic scenarios. But this caused way more handwork. No company just
needing an internal admin app would be willing to pay the effort.

Hope that this gives you a little bit of orientation.

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Fri, 12/3/10, ken keller <klr...@gmail.com> wrote