Hello Ken,

There's definitely a lot of activity in the JSF world, and it's used by a
lot of large and smaller companies (see http://www.javaserverfaces.org/ for
a list of sites built using JSF or Seam under "JSF in Production"). There
are a variety of industries, but it's quite popular in Finance (banks and
insurance companies).

In terms of active development, you can just look at the recent releases to
see there's a lot going on.

It's worthwhile also to point out that Trinidad is used as the foundation
for all of the Oracle Fusion applications.

What sort of application is your startup intending to build with MyFaces?
---
Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

Public JSF 2 Training this January in London: JSF 2 Update for JSF 1.x users
(http://bit.ly/jsf2updatecourse<http://skillsmatter.com/course/java-jee/jsf2-update-course>)
and JSF 2 in Action
(http://bit.ly/jsf2course<http://skillsmatter.com/course/java-jee/jsf-and-ajax>
)