I have several tr:inputText inside trh:tableLayout and for some values the
resulting HTML does not include the input element but only a div. For
example, I have:

<trh:tableLayout>
   <trh:rowLayout>
simple="true"  value="#{u.username}" />
disabled="true" simple="true"  />
    </trh:rowLayout>
</trh:tableLayout>

The code above will always display the following inside the table.

    <input id="username" type="text" value="regularUser" size="10"
class="af_inputText_content" disabled="" name="username" >

</rd>

The second input always render as a div. It happens for some of the fields
but not for all. There doesn't seem to be any common characteristics of the
inputs that get displayed as div's.

Any hints of what might be the problem and where should I start debugging?

I'm using Trinidad 1.2.14 with Facelets.

Thanks.