Or you can go with something a lot simpler and start with the free
profiler provided in the H2Database jar.

import org.h2.util;
Profiler profiler = new Profiler();
profiler.startCollecting();
// application code
System.out.println(profiler.getTop(3));

http://www.h2database.com/html/performance.html#application_profiling

For my own use, I've pulled out the three relevant classes and removed
the unnecessary methods if you don't want to grab the entire package,
although that's really trivial to do as well.    It's about 350 lines
of code total.