Yep, that's what I'll do after getting the app running on jetty.
What a pain, I thought this would have been done in a few minutes ....

Am 11.04.2011 18:12, schrieb Mark Struberg:
Ah sorry, have overread that:
The time is spent in
htmlTableRenderer.encodeInnerHtml
I'd start the application with YourKit profiler and do some profiling.

You can get a free yourkit test license (14 days I think) for evaluation.

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Mon, 4/11/11, Michael Heinen<mhn4...@googlemail.com>  wrote:

From: Michael Heinen<mhn4...@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: JSF application very slow with HTTPS
To: "MyFaces Discussion"<users@myfaces.apache.org>
Date: Monday, April 11, 2011, 3:45 PM
   Fat? Well there is a lot of EL
in this table, nearly in all cells,
e.g. for column widths, values, styles etc.
The EL is always hitting backing beans, some with
additional map access.

But the real problem is the poor HTTPS performance compared
to HTTP.
It should not be caused by the app and also not by JSF or
Tomcat of course.
There should be a little overhead for additional
handshaking, but not
for the rendering!
Could this be caused by a buffering whereever?

Mark (or anybody else), did you compare your app with http
and https?
Just wondering whether this is a problem only in my app.

Regards,
Michael