I was just trying out some profiling experiments with my JSF project using
Netbeans based Profiler. However I found a very surprising results. I found
JSF's *FacesServlet.service()* method to be consuming most of the time
while requests were being served. I do serve content from databases into my
JSF pages but still I found major time lag was due to *high self time* of *
service()* method.

Here is the snapshot of the profiling results:- [image: See the high
self-time of FacesServlet service() method]

Why is this happening, what's happening so expensive within this method
that causes such high self time ?

*I am running Myfaces 2.1.12 in Production mode on Tomcat 7.0.42.*

*This question was also posted at StackOverflow
here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18643335/facesservlet-service-method-eating-too-much-time-while-serving-requests-high>
.*