OK. I'm running some tests now. I'll report back when I've finished.

The tests are (all on Linux Mint VMs):

Updating from NetBeans 10.VC5 with the com.oracle.js.parser.implementation
plugin *not* installed.
Updating from NetBeans 10.VC5 with the com.oracle.js.parser.implementation
plugin installed.
Completely clean NetBeans 10 install

Best regards,
John