Hi,

I have just tried NetBeans 11 and I am a bit disappointed.

My environment: Windows 10 64 bit, openjdk 11 2018-09-25.
NetBeans is running over Java 10.0.1. GlassFish 5.1 (and Payara) from Eclipse
is running over JDK 8.

Goal: creation of a Web application for Java EE 8

1. Creation of a Web Java project with Maven :
I choose "Java with Maven" > "Web Application".
Message: "This feature is not yet enabled. Press Next to activate it.
Maven Web Application project template, created with Maven Archetype Plugin".
I click Next. New page "Finding Feature" without any message nor information
about the finding. I don't know what it's happening.
After a long time I cancel because nothing happens. However, Yesterday the
process went a little farther ("Oracle JS Parser Implementation (1.0) was
loaded), but without success at the end.

2. Creation of a Web application with ant.
*It's not possible to choose Java EE 8*. The only options are Java EE 7, 6, 5.
I choose Java EE 7.
Next. I check JavaServer Faces. In the tab "Libraries" I choose Server Library.
The project is created.
I install nbjavac (1.6).
New entity classes from database (from sample). Problem because
javax.persistence is not known. However, it is in jakarta.persistence.jar
provided by Eclipse GlassFish 5.1. How can I tell NetBeans where are the jars?
If I change the server, Payara 5.184 instead of Eclipse GlassFish 5.1, it works.

I liked a lot NetBeans because it was simple to create Web and Enterprise
Applications and I was looking forward to trying the first version of Apache
NetBeans for these types of application but It seems not to be really ready for
this task. Or perhaps I made a mistake?