Hi Richard,

Thanks for the message regarding Java EE 8 support in NetBeans 11.  We are
working on providing Java EE 8 support (and Jakarta EE support) for an upcoming
release.  It was a very large task to get the code transfer for the Java EE
support and licensing conversion completed so that a the Java EE support could
be included with NetBeans, so unfortunately Java EE 8 support did not make it
yet.

I am surprised to hear that the Maven web application creation did not complete
successfully.  However, I do see that you are running Apache NetBeans under JDK
10.  Can you please try to run Apache NetBeans under the same JDK8 that you are
using with GlassFish 5.1?  I think that may be your issue with the Maven
support.  Since GlassFish 5.1 only supports JDK 8, you may find inconsistencies
in behavior if you are trying to manage the server using JDK 9+.

Thanks for the feedback, and the team will keep you updated on Java EE 8 and
Jakarta EE support.

Josh Juneau
juneau...@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com