Dear Geertjan,

The problem was "solved" in that there is a workaround long before I posted it
- I simply put setText calls into the constructor.

The reason I posted the problem here was to determine if it was actually a NB
issue, or something to do with my configuration.  Jan Lahoda's comment implies
the former, so I shall try to produce a smaller example before raising it as an
issue.

I assume (I don't think you actually confirmed) that you tried deleting the
"undo" button and saw the correct characters appear.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:netbe...@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com