From: Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>

>>      I installed NetBeans IDE 10.0, in which Netbeans is at 8.3 Patch 2,

> What exactly does that mean? Try 11.1. NetBeans 10.0 is no longer supported.
> There is a Snap available for Ubuntu as well as the installers and zip.

Somebody connected with Apache wrote the code that generated the About box in
which 10.0 and 8.3 Patch 2 appear, so your guess is probably better than mine.

Anyhow, what is a "Snap" and why did I get version 10.0 of the IDE just a few
days ago when I tried to install the current stable release?

--
Walter C. Oney, Jr., Esq.
267 Pearl Hill Rd., Fitchburg, MA 01420