I am not sure about the file transfer part (Samba?) but given that it's
small, you might copy the contents from the Output window for the build.

I noticed you referenced "Applet" instead of "Application".  Can you
provide the steps you followed in NetBeans?

If right click on the project and then select Properties and then Run, can
you browse for the main class using the Browse button?

--
Carl J. Mosca