If using a "sample" is required that should be indicated someplace where
users will find it a project creation time.  I've been using NB for many
years and have never had to resort to using a sample to create a project.
It's not what a user would expect in my opinion.

If NB wants to maintain compatibility with JDK8 and JDK11+ then if two
different archetypes are required we need two different project types --
JFX for JDK8 and JFX for JDK11+.  ??