On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 3:27 PM Chuck Davis <cjgun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that is a fabulous idea I've been advocating for since JDK11 was
> released.  What is on the "create a new project" menu needs to create a
> project that will build and run in the IDE.

There is a very simple way to advocate anything at all with Maven and
NetBeans, just tweak this file whenever you have an improvement, new
archetypes, new versions, and provide a pull request. Just this file is all
you need, print it out and stick it on your ceiling so you see it whenever
you wake up in the morning:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/java/maven/src/org/netbeans/modules/maven/newproject/MavenWizardIterator.java

Gj