Dear Neil,

Thanks a million. That did the trick.

I had no idea what the GUI editor was looking for, and for some reason the NB
editor suppresses the GEN-BEGIN/END comments, so it's not so easy to work out
by looking at the text. I'd worked out the bit round the initcomponents method,
but not the variables.

I suspect that the conversion from NB 8 to 11 has some bugs in this area - it
probably doesn't add the comments in properly. But now I don't have a working
NB 8 so can't test it out.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:netbe...@ptoye.com