Hi Neil,

Ok, thanks.

I added that line to the .desktop file but I do not know what the correct
WMClass for Apache Netbeans 11.2 is. When I enter the line you posted as
is, I still get the duplicate icons when I launch the application, which
means its not the correct WMClass.
What is the correct value to enter for the WMClass?
I prefer installing manually so the snap solution is not going to help me.
Ron