this is related to the Project sample registration. i want to add a
sample to the New Project wizard. The sample could function either as an
example to the user or as a new project template that provides the basic
files needed to get started working on a technology of some kind:
https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-projectsamples.html#tweaking

In the example in the tutorial the basic files are provided via the
content element as a resource relative to the package and what i want is
to provide a resource outside instead

@TemplateRegistration(
        folder = "Project/Samples/Standard",
        displayName = "#MySampleApplication_displayName",
        description = "MySampleApplicationDescription.html",
        iconBase = "org/myorg/additionalsamples/MySampleApplication.png",
        *content = "MySampleApplicationProject.zip")*

i hope it is more clear for you