Each project you generate should simply be openable via the Open Project
menu item, assuming it conforms to your project type.

What you think you’re doing is different to what you’re actually doing:

1. You think that you should be able to open newly generated projects via
the New Project dialog.

2. But that is not what the New Project dialog is for. That is for
generating new projects, which you’ve already done some other way.

Can you use the Open Project dialog to open your projects?

Gj