After installing Netbeans 11.1 on Linux Mint 19.3, it has a nasty habit of suddenly locking up. It seems to be the whole computer. This happens pretty regularly when trying to do a simple refactor, renaming a variable. It also happens but less often when just editing or typing code. These pauses always seem to last between 30 and 60 seconds. This really makes it virtually unusable. On the refactor, it always happens even before accepting the new name so it has not actually started renaming yet. These are small Java desktop projects of a dozen or so classes and usually only one or two projects open at a time so no more than 2 or 3000 lines. I assume I have something wrong but no idea where to start looking. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bayless