On 5/18/20 4:13 AM, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 09:59, Ty Young <youngty1...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/18/20 3:30 AM, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 08:16, Ty Young <youngty1...@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW, where do you find the commit changes between Netbeans 12.0 Beta versions?
I'm still getting a minor issue where I'm being prompted to use instanceof
pattern matching when preview features aren't currently enabled in Maven.
Attempting to select the alt+enter option does nothing.
Please tell me you're not on beta4 or are on JDK 14?!  I put in a PR
to fix that appearing with JDK < 14, although it probably isn't taking
preview feature status into account.
Hate to break it to you, but yes, both a true. Technically i'm using 15,
but that doesn't matter here.
Not breaking anything to me - that was what I expected.  I put in a
quick fix, mainly based on that hint, to stop some hints being enabled
on lower JDK than they should - eg. this showing here on JDK 11.

Bit of a screwup on my end: I was using Netbeans Beta 3 still... even though I deleted the old folder and unzipped the right archive.

Yeah, it doesn't showup at all for me on beta 4.

Sorry about that!

Maybe preview feature hints should also be disabled by default in 12.0?
I think it should be an option, personally. If a user enables it then
Netbeans will prompt to modify the config for you and you can use it.

Good feature, no?
Surely you'd want it to be project specific not global?  I haven't
looked if there's a way for hints to pick up on whether preview
features are enabled.  That's something for 12.1 I guess.

IDE global, yes.

Best wishes,

Neil