OK. Here I am going to submit my simple source code of JavaFX program, that
should show a black and white chessboard.

import javafx.application.Application;
import javafx.scene.Scene;
import javafx.scene.layout.Pane;
import javafx.scene.paint.Color;
import javafx.stage.Stage;
import javafx.scene.shape.Rectangle;

/**
 *
 * @author samiul alom sium
 * date: 07.07.2020
 *
 * problem: (Game: display a checkerboard) Write a program that displays
 * a checkerboard in which each white and black cell is a Rectangle
 * with a fill color black or white.
 */

public class DisplayACheckBoard extends Application {

    @Override
    public void start(Stage primaryStage) {

        double WIDTH = 200;
        double HEIGHT = 200;

        // create a pane
        Pane pane = new Pane();

        for(int i = 0; i < 8; i++){
            boolean isWhite = i % 2 == 0;
            for(int j = 0; j < 8; j++){
                Rectangle rectangle = new Rectangle(i * WIDTH / 8,
                        j * HEIGHT / 8, WIDTH / 8, HEIGHT / 8);

                rectangle.setStroke(Color.BLACK);

                if(isWhite){
                    rectangle.setFill(Color.WHITE);
                }
                else {
                    rectangle.setFill(Color.BLACK);
                }

                isWhite = !isWhite;

                pane.getChildren().add(rectangle);

                // create scene
                Scene scene = new Scene(pane, WIDTH, HEIGHT);
                primaryStage.setTitle("Display A CheckBoard");
                primaryStage.setScene(scene);
                primaryStage.show();

            }  // end of inner for loop
        }  // end of outer for loop

    }

        launch(args);

Here I used:

JDK: amazon corretto 1.8.0 252
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
IDE: Apache NetBeans 12
Build Tool: Ant

//
Extra info:
Even netbeans-12 error detector didn't show any error on the above code.
Problem arises when I am going to run the code. I try to clean and build
projects and then run the projects, but still same results come in. But the
strange thing is, this same source code works in IntelliJ IDEA community
edition with same compiler. Even I can't remember I could see any GUI
result of my JavaFX program in NB-12, but I could do that well in NB-11.3
//