Hi HRH,

Below are two things I had to do to get Tomcat to be usable for me, though
this is in Netbeans 11.1 so the process may have changed.

In order to get Tomcat to be stoppable and restartable by Netbeans, I
needed to set the shutdown port in Netbeans (right-click on Tomcat in the
'Services' tab, click Properties, and the shutdown port is one of those
properties) and in Tomcat's server.xml (I was able to right-click on Tomcat
in the 'Services' tab and change the server.xml, I found the file in
"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf" if you need
it).

I also needed to set up a user for Tomcat with the manager-script
permission in tomcat-users.xml (for me that's in "C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf" like server.xml), and then set that
user and password in the properties for Tomcat in Netbeans.

Hopefully that helps,

Connor