> With that, we could only recommend to take a break, go for running, ride a
 > bike, etc.The best programmer advise indeed ! ;-)
I finally made a dirty hack: manually replacing the NbBundle .class files from
org-openide-util.jar directly in the Netbeans/platform/lib folder ! It works
fine.

I initially tried to do it in a cleaner way, using this page
http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqModulePatching   but could not make it work
(valid for NB6 only?).
Yes, I'll make my first Netbeans PR to start 2021 :-)
And best wishes to all the NB team.

Jerome

    Le samedi 26 décembre 2020 à 18:21:56 UTC+1, Laszlo Kishalmi
<laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Well, can you create a PR to see what would be your fix?
 Also unfortunately the " I've tried many things but no success." carries only
information about your frustration. With that, we could only recommend to take
a break, go for running, ride a bike, etc.

 On 12/26/20 8:52 AM, Jerome Lelasseux wrote:

 Well I've managed to alter my Ant build process to add UTF8>ISO5589-1
transcoding, but at the end of th day it's really not efficient...

  I came back to the source of the problem and checked NbBundle.java (part of
org.openide.util/Base Utilities API module). It turns out it's easy to make it
support UTF-8 as well, so I made the fix.

  Now I have trouble using this updated Netbeans code in my RCP application.
I've tried many things but no success. What are the main steps to achieve this
?

  Jerome

      Le mercredi 23 décembre 2020 à 11:26:45 UTC+1, Jerome Lelasseux
<lelass...@yahoo.com.invalid> a écrit :

       > Well since unfortunately the encoding of a property file is set as
ISO-8859-1 in it spec, I'd use a generator step in the build which would
translate the UTF-8 characters into \uxxxx of the final Bundle.properties.

 OK I've managed to use the -post-compile extension point to transcode the
resource bundles in modules.
 But how to do it for branding localized resource bundles ? I could not find
any "hook" in the build scripts, it looks like it's a builtin task (see below
from harness/suite.xml)

     <target name="branding" depends="-init" if="run.branding">
         <mkdir dir="${cluster}"/>
         <branding cluster="${cluster}" overrides="${branding.dir}"
token="${branding.token}"  locales="${branding.locales.impl}"/>
     </target>