Josh, thank you very much for your answer!

Could you please elaborate more on the benefits of using Netbeans with
Jakarta EE compared to Intellij Idea?
I suspect that Netbeans supports hot deploy features well for example.
I'm mainly planning to use it with Payara (former Glassfish) for my
and my friends pet project.

Thank you so much, it's a really interesting read,

with kind regards,

Nikita Zinoviev

p.s. Unfortunately, even though I live in a 5 million city, everybody
is using Spring, 80% of (our local) Joker java conference is about
Spring, and only 10-20% (1-2 talks) about Java EE. Its really hard to
"fight" off the Spring community.