From: frui...@yahoo.co.uk.INVALID <frui...@yahoo.co.uk.INVALID>
Sent: Wednesday, 17 February 2021 07:49
To: users@netbeans.apache.org <users@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: C/C++ is NetBeans really worth using?

A book suggested using NetBeans installed on a PC for development of C/C++
software for a Raspberry PI which would be the remote build server.
The book is fairly old but since I want to develop C/C++ programs for both
Windows and for Raspberry PI OS Buster I thought I would give it a go.

I installed Java JDK 15.0.2 64bit and then Apache NetBeans 12.2 64bit on a
Windows 10 PC.
The installations seem fine.

When I start NetBeans on the PC I get a "Learn and Discover" page with an
option to "Try a sample project".
A simple, lightweight C/C++ project. Allows to configure commands for build and
run, and configuration for the ccls server, which is used to provide editing
support".

However it is not clear how to use the simple project and I have been unable to
find any C/C++ tutorials.
Also when I look in Tools>Plugins>Installed I can see that C/C++ is installed
and active but it says;
    Version: 1.1
    Source: Apache NetBeans IDE 12.2

    Plugin Description
    CPPLite Kit
    A temporary lightweight C/C++ support. The editing features require ccls to
be installed.

    Module installed:
    CPPLite Kit

The "temporary lightweight" is not very encouraging.

My questions are;
1. Where can I get more documentation on how to use NetBeans with C/C++
2. How can I tell if ccls is installed
3. How do I run the example "simple C/C++" project
4. Am I perhaps wasting my time using NetBeans for C/C++

Regards
fruitpi