The error is still around with the update version of the maven plugin as
advised by Eric Barboni

Steps to reproduce
1. Start NetBeans 12.3 with Java 11, a clean user and cache dir
2. Create a new NetBeans module using maven (Java with Maven | NetBeans
module)
3. Run primer build on project (clean build)
4. Right click on project and click Run

*Cheers*
Mani/Naren/Iyer
*The trick of walking on water is knowing where the stones are.*