The steps were to show how to reproduce the problem. The project in which I
faced the issue originally has an Option Panel which I was trying to test.
I also wanted to demonstrate that the issue exists without any changes made
to the POM file or project structure.

*Cheers*
Mani/Naren/Iyer
*The trick of walking on water is knowing where the stones are.*

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 10:08 AM Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> So you have an empty NetBeans module without any code in it that you want
> to run? Why?
>
> Gj
>
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 06:36, <manikantanna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> James,
>> Yes, the versions are as specified by you. Still I am seeing the same
>> error.
>> To iterate, I am not seeing this issue with a common maven project; only
>> with Maven NetBeans module project
>> *Cheers*
>> Mani/Naren/Iyer
>> *The trick of walking on water is knowing where the stones are.*
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 9:32 PM James Ostrowick <ja...@ostrowick.co.za>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I had a similar problem, check that your maven pom.xml file has at least
>>> these versions :
>>>
>>>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>                 <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>>>                 <version>*3.8.1*</version>
>>>
>>> And :
>>>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>                 <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
>>>                 <version>*3.1.2*</version>
>>>
>>> Since I also build to a war file:
>>>
>>>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>                 <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>>>                 <version>*3.3.1*</version>
>>>
>>> I found that the default plugins were at version 2.x.x or something and
>>> would not work with JDK > 8
>>>

>>> Kind Regards,
>>> James Ostrowick
>>>

>>> On 01 Jul 2021, at 17:56, manikantanna...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> The error is still around with the update version of the maven plugin as
>>> advised by Eric Barboni
>>>

>>> Steps to reproduce
>>> 1. Start NetBeans 12.3 with Java 11, a clean user and cache dir
>>> 2. Create a new NetBeans module using maven (Java with Maven | NetBeans
>>> module)
>>> 3. Run primer build on project (clean build)