Hi,

I had a similar problem, check that your maven pom.xml file has at least these
versions :

                <version>3.8.1</version>

And :
                <version>3.1.2</version>

Since I also build to a war file:

                <version>3.3.1</version>

I found that the default plugins were at version 2.x.x or something and would
not work with JDK > 8

Kind Regards,
James Ostrowick