On Wed, 2021-07-28 at 16:29 +0300, Emilian Bold wrote:
> For a pretty long time OpenBeans.org (initially CoolBeans) had the
> idea the people may want to fund IDE features that would be
> eventually
> pushed into upstream NetBeans. Such an economy didn't really
> materialise.

Wow, I have never every even heard about that -- and I think I am quite
literate about Linux and Java and Database stuff.
But I agree with your findings "There is a market for tooling, but not
one for a NetBeans distribution."

So how would we get a better Merge Tool?
I found so far: GumTreeDiff and DiffSitter and we would need to marry
these with a proper 3-way Merge UI.
Guess, I will need to look into that myself too :(

Is there anything like a Crowd-Funding for Netbeans? Like a
"kickstarter" for missing plugins/functionality?

Cheers
Andreas