Still having this issue with 12.5 and 12.6 on M1 Mac.

The error that briefly flashes in the terminal window is:

Cannot invoke “java.util.List.toArray(Object[])” because
org.netbeans.modules.nativeexecution.NativeProcessInfo.getCommand is null

I had to keep clicking on the “New Terminal” button and try to read the message
since the screen goes black then clears and stays empty grey.

Nothing shows up on the command line terminal or the IDE Log showing this error.