We had similar problems and in the end it was better to switch to maven.
Just create your Netbeans Platform Application using “Java with Maven” >
“NetBeans Application” and add JavaFX as a maven dependency to the module that
requires it.

For example, add the following to the <dependencies> inside the pom.xml of the
NB Module:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.openjfx</groupId>
            <artifactId>javafx-controls</artifactId>
            <version>17.0.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.openjfx</groupId>