Still not there, but have a different result. I’m still using
carljmosca/netbeans-macos-bundle:
NetBeans installation script for Mac OS X (github.com)
<https://github.com/carljmosca/netbeans-macos-bundle>. After downloading
the code, I modified install.sh. After the netbeans download, I added xattr
to downloaded zip.

.
.
.
echo "Unpacking Netbeans archive..."
*xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "${TMPFILE}"*
${SUDO_COMMAND}unzip ${QUIETUNZIP} "${TMPFILE}" -d
"${INSTALL_DIR}/NetBeans/Apache NetBeans
${NETBEANS_VERSION}.app/Contents/Resources/“
.
.
.

Now when I try to open an existing project, I get, “project is not a valid
Netbeans project.”

Might just have to wait for MacOS installer.