Understood.  I was just hoping someone who is using the old plugin could give me some pointers.  I have got it working pretty well now with 11.2. It takes 30-40 mins to parse my linux kernel every time I start up NB which is not ideal and it's still missing some symbols from the Navigator.  But usable.

I built the 'basic' version of your fork and added cpplite. I can't make much use of it for my main project until you add remote building.  So please keep up the good work!

If you are working on remote building, a major issue for me with the old plugin (in 'Simple' mode) is there is no opportunity to automatically run a script locally or on the remote server _before_ NB attempts to upload changed files.  Even the Pre-build starts with an upload.

Another pain is there is no way I've found to exclude 'source' files from the upload.  My .git directory is about the same size as all the rest of the source tree (~2GB).  I don't need it on the build server but that plugin insists on trying to upload it with every build (and fails for unexplained reasons).  I think others have been asking for this for a long time.

So please give us these options as the work on C/C++ moves forward.

KR
Graham