I think you are assuming my knowledge of Netbeans is more than it really is. To get this far with C/C++ I've relied heavily on the defaults but your fork is not suggesting anything so I get lost quickly. For 'location of clangd' I chose /usr/bin/clang but I'm getting no code assistance. I've no idea what cnd is or how anything could be ported from 8.2 (other than the full Oracle plugin).

I'm happy to test given detailed instructions but I do need to get some work done at the same time.  Do I need to build more than the 'basic' version?  The other options just seemed to be other languages which I don't need and the netbeans platform.

KR Graham