I commit gradle folder (please note : not the .gradle folder) as it
contains the gradle wrapper which helps me restrict and use specific gradle
versions on my build systems.
I like this def provided by gitignore.io
https://www.toptal.com/developers/gitignore/api/gradle

*Cheers*
Mani/Naren/Iyer
*The trick of walking on water is knowing where the stones are.*