About gradlew. I occasionally work with 3rd party stuff that is incompatible with latest/greatest gradle. A few days ago, I split off a few classes from a 20 year old project (ant based) into a lib and decided to use gradle on one of my projects for the first time. (I figure moving all my stuff to gradle will avoid ever again feeling like I need to modernize my builds)

I started using "gradle" instead of (./|[../]+)gradlew but realized that was a bad habit to get into. I was thinking of writing a wrapper that would search for gradlew; fortunately, I came across "gw" when looking at gradle completion to determine how to hook gradle completion into my imaginary new command.

Turns out there are a few version of "gw" around. I decided to install https://crates.io/crates/gw so I'd have an excuse to also install rust. Now I can type gw, which will execute gradlew if it finds one, otherwise gradle; and a two character solution is wonderful.

-ernie